As an organization, Habile Technologies aims to actively connect with and contribute towards social and entrepreneurial growth of communities. We have created and participated in many projects as well as responsible activities as part of our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative. These projects have been helpful in uplifting and motivating the youth of our country and bringing the much-needed change for a better India.
The “Startup Saturday” Event
Venue: IIT DOMS, Chennai
This is a unique and one of its kind events organized by Habile Technologies(partnered with HeadStart) to encourage young entrepreneurs of Chennai. The event occurs every second Saturday of the month and is named – “Startup Saturday”.
Our young and enthusiastic team includes
- Vikram Dileepan (Founder of Solar Town)
- Hari (Founder of Blu Dacnis)
- Lenin (Founder of Lencorp Legal)
- Arun Venkatesh (Senior Manager at Ericsson)
- Mani Parthasarathy (Founder of Habile Technologies)
The event is designed in a manner that it offers opportunities for entrepreneurs to showcase their expertise and ideas. As the host for the event, we also arrange notable speakers to be a part of the gathering and to share their valuable ideas.
- Opening Speech: The program starts with a speech from one of the most successful entrepreneurs. The speaker explains about the challenges he or she has faced during the entrepreneurial journey and how they have managed to overcome them with the solutions created.
- Knowledge Session: During this session, information is shared amongst the entrepreneurs on topics like Accounting, Recruitment, Growth Hacking etc which are important to all entrepreneurs.
- Startup Demos: During this event, 3 Start up companies are allowed to participate with their demos and they are given five minutes to pitch their idea. Then this idea will be validated by the audience. This is a very useful step for startup companies as it allows to learn to fill the gaps in their current business model.
- Networking: This event is a great platform for experienced as well as startup entrepreneurs to get to know each other. They can get a chance to share their ideas and thoughts with others.
We also collaborated with Chennai Angels and Nasscom10000 startups came together to conduct a Mega Event. Over 200 entrepreneurs participated during this event, making it one of the largest of its kind in Chennai.
Both these initiatives have helped us create a better business ecosystem for Chennai Entrepreneurs.
The “Industry Rockstar” Event
Venue: Hotel Le Meridian, Chennai
We also conducted an event called “Industry Rockstar” in partnership with Jeffrey Slayter and Kane Minkus. The objective of this event was to motivate the emerging entrepreneurs of Chennai. The participants included entrepreneurs from various sectors as well as investors and college students and professors from top notch engineering colleges.
The key message delivered through this event was –
“Customers buy from the people they LIKE, and TRUST. The deeper and the quicker you get to them, they get more curious about what you DO, and what you are. And then they are more interested in purchasing from you”
Project for the Election Commission of India
Youth Exnora is a Chennai-based NGO that had partnered with Tamil Nadu State Election Commission to run an awareness program on 2014 elections in India. The founder of Youth Exnora, Ms. Nisha Thota had approached us to create an innovative program for this purpose.
We created a unique and interesting Augmented Reality app to spread a key message to the people of India. The app was called – “Vote for change but not for money!” and was approved by Chief Electoral Officer of Tamil Nadu Mr. Praveen Kumar. Through this app, a user can scan a Rs 100 note and will end up with a reformative message from actor Kamal Hassan.
Participation in Support of “Jallikattu”
During the historical protests at Marina Beach for “Jallikattu” – a Tamil festival, the students and youths of Tamil Nadu proved their determination and unfazed love for their culture earlier this year.
The aggressive yet peaceful protest was aimed at preserving the native bulls and saving the Tamil tradition. The shoreline at Marina was filled with Youth, Women, Students and even celebrities from the Tamil film industry. Similar protests were also conducted in other parts of Tamil Nadu and this went on for over 7 days.
Habile Technologies extended its support to preserve Tamil culture and as a small contribution our employees conducted a support walk around the Thiruvanmiyur area of Chennai and took also conducted the “Flushdownpetachallenge”. They had also participated in the late night protests at the Marina Beach, showcasing the dedication towards the society and the community in general.
Workshops for College Students
Habile Technologies wanted to share real time industry experience with the student community and so we organized more than 50 different workshops at various colleges to benefit the students. Following workshops were organized for them –
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Employers expectation
- Inter- personal skills
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
During this program, Habile Technologies also gave Internship to students who had won the Hackathon and Coding contest.
If you want to join hands with our CSR activities, get in touch with us.